Welcome to our weekly recap of stories relating to Social Media and the Law. This week’s stories cover the past two weeks and many issues including: sanctions for deleting Facebook profile; is eye-tracking privacy invasion?; social compliance solution; ten social media legal myths for attorneys; Socially Legal Audit attorney training; FINRA rules; cyber-bullying recap; social media & Disney trademarks; and more.
Law2sm will be taking a short hiatus for the next two weeks. Stay tuned for more interesting insights and stories.
These are some of the articles, reports, posts, etc. that caught our attention this week. We originally send them out through our twitter account @law2smdeborah, so follow us to get them as we find them. But many of them are such great resources we don’t want you to miss them, so we’ve decided to put them as a weekly recap. The links will take you to their original sources, whether Mashable, Lexology, and/or others. Enjoy and let us know some of the stories you’ve found interesting this week. Just share in the comments below. Have a great week!
- New Jersey Federal Court Issues Sanctions For Deletion of Facebook Profile | Trading Secrets http://ow.ly/kY8e7
- Saving Face: Facebook and Timeline Have Settled Lawsuit | Trending Trademarks http://ow.ly/kY88u
- Is Eye Tracking a Privacy-Invading Technology? http://ow.ly/kY7Tz
- In Hours, Thieves Took $45 Million in A.T.M. Scheme – http://NYTimes.com http://ow.ly/kY79O
- What the latest decision in Viacom v. YouTube means for the future of the Internet | Media, Privacy & Beyond http://ow.ly/kY6qr
- OpenQâ€™s SafeGuardâ„¢ Social Compliance Solution Wins American Business Award for New Product of the Year â€“ Social…
- Blog on Legal Archive of Websites and Social Media http://ow.ly/kWG9J
- CLE Course: Ten Social Media Myths for Attorneys | Attorney Credits Legal Blog http://ow.ly/kWG7I
- Did a Professor’s Tweet Reveal the Identity of CIA’s New Chief Spy? http://ow.ly/kWFUE
- Who’s Liable for Crimes Committed With 3D-Printed Guns? http://ow.ly/kWFRH
- Five Legal Issues to Consider when Planning a Sweepstakes – Ignite Social Media http://ow.ly/kWFNE
- BYOD Policy: Employee Right to Social Media Privacy Is Paramount – http://CIO.com http://ow.ly/kWFN8
- Protecting Privacy or Enabling Fraud? Employee Social Media Password Protection Laws May Clash with FINRA Rules | Privacy Law Blog…
- Early Lessons From the NLRB on Social Media http://ow.ly/kWFLd
- Law2sm’s Recap: Cyberbullying Stories 5/10/13 http://ow.ly/kTC3R
- Running afoul of social media law may be easier than you think – Vote for the best company in Raleigh/Durham’s business competition…
- Create a Legal Archive of Websites and Social Media · Robert Ambrogi’s LawSites http://ow.ly/kTA3A
- Social media raises concern about Disney trademark – Business, Government Legal News from throughout WV http://ow.ly/kTzJU
- Worry About Cyber Threats, Executive Pay, and More http://ow.ly/kTzDV
- Social Media: Law and Order Edition | Business Ethics http://ow.ly/kPQnK
- Obama May Back F.B.I. Plan to Wiretap Web Users – http://NYTimes.com http://ow.ly/kPPDw
- Miss the Music of the Doors? There’s an iPad App for That – http://NYTimes.com http://ow.ly/kMUIa
- Senate Passes Bill to Widen Tax Collection on the Web – http://NYTimes.com http://ow.ly/kMUtx
- Anonymous, Islamist Hackers Plan Major Assault for Tuesday http://ow.ly/kMRtz
- Socially Legal Audit Attorney Training & Certification http://ow.ly/kMw2i Register now!
- 80% of employees spend 56 minutes of working day on social media – Irish News, World News & More | The Irish Times – Mon, May 06, 2013…
- The latest – Law2sm Weekly Recap: Social Media and Law 5/06/13 http://ow.ly/kL3DO